DAYTIME ADULT CHAMBER CHOIR
Conductor: Cathrie Yuen
Pianist: Kin Ming Wong
A welcoming choir, dedicated to serving the community with music. Cantabile is the newest member of the Vancouver Bach Family of Choirs, for adult singers with daytime availability. As part of the Vancouver Bach Family of Choirs, Cantabile performs at our Christmas with the Bach Choir and SummerSing concerts annually, as well as several smaller concerts in the community. Members of Cantabile have input into the structure of the choir, repertoire choices, and performance opportunities. Cantabile singers will also be invited to be part of select large-scale Vancouver Bach Symphonic Choir projects.
Visit our EVENTS page for listings of all upcoming concerts.
Cantabile choir is always looking for new members to join our program! If you are interested in auditioning please email Gillian: firstname.lastname@example.org
At the audition you will be expected to prepare a song or two, sight read, and vocalize. Vocal training and ability to read music is highly recommended.
CHOIR FEES for 2023/24
- Early bird (paid on or before Jun 30, 2023): $415.00*
- After July 1, 2023: $435.00*
- Membership fee: $40.00
- Administration fee: $30.00
- Fundraising commitment: $50.00 (more details in the form below)
- GST: $2.00
- Single payment by cheque, credit card, or e-transfer
- Monthly payment by post-dated cheques, due by Aug 15, 2023. Subject to a $4.00 monthly fee.
Rehearsals take place on Wednesday mornings from 10:00am – 12:00pm each week from September through May. Rehearsals are held at the Cambrian Hall (215 E 17th Ave, Vancouver, BC V5V 1A6) in East Vancouver.
Concert black is required for all singers, and you provide it yourselves. This should include some combination of:
- Black tailored shirt or blouse
- Black skirt (to the knee at least) or dress pants
- Black tights (with skirt) or socks (with pants)
- Black dress shoes
- Any necessary hair clips/ties should match your hair
- Hair should be neat and off of your face
- Jewellery must be very subtle so as not to catch the light and distract
No other colours or logos should be involved. Please also abstain from t-shirts and running shoes.