GIRLS ENTER AT GRADE 10, BOYS AS THEIR VOICES CHANGE. CONTINUES INTO POST-SECONDARY LEVEL.
A mixed-voice choir (SATB) with approximately 30 secondary and post-secondary aged singers, the Youth Choir enjoys a variety of repertoire, from classical to contemporary to jazz. Boys can join the Youth Choir as soon as their voices change, whereas girls join the choir in grade 10 and up. They appear in the annual Christmas Concert (Orpheum Theatre), Spring Concert (local church) and Summer Concert (Chan Centre, UBC). Along with Sarabande, the Youth Choir is also specially invited to sing at the City of Vancouver’s official Remembrance Day Ceremonies each year.
CONDUCTOR: Shane Raman
PIANIST: Shifra Day
Sir Charles Tupper Secondary School (419 E 24th Ave)
This is our youngest SATB choir. For this level, singers should prepare a song of their choice. Classical, folk, or traditional musical theatre is preferred if possible. There will also be other rhythmic and vocal exercises. Auditions are done individually.
Concert black is required for all singers, and you provide it yourselves. This should include some combination of:
- Black tailored shirt or blouse
- Black skirt (to the knee at least) or dress pants
- Black tights (with skirt) or socks (with pants)
- Black dress shoes
- Any necessary hair clips/ties should match your hair
- hair should be neat and off of your face
- Jewelry must be very subtle so as not to catch the light and distract