A CHALLENGING CHAMBER CHOIR FOR ADULT SINGERS
SARABANDE CONDUCTOR: Shane Raman
Sarabande is a carefully balanced chamber choir comprised of approximately 24 experienced singers. All the members are mature vocalists with a high level of musicianship and a special interest in exploring challenging and diverse repertoire.
In addition to performing at the seasonal VBCC concerts, Sarabande sings at Vancouver’s official Remembrance Day ceremonies. In recent years, Sarabande has added a pub gig to their calendar – a performance that packs in the crowds and allows for quaffing a cold pint or two. See the Rehearsal Schedule for more detailed information.
This is our advanced adult SATB chamber choir. For this level, singers should prepare a song of their choice. Classical, folk, or traditional musical theatre is preferred if possible. There will also be other rhythmic and vocal exercises. Auditions are done individually and scheduled on an as needed basis, though they typically occur in late May/early June and early September.
To inquire about an audition please contact email@example.com
Visit our EVENTS page for listings of all upcoming concerts.
TUESDAY: 7:30PM – 9:00PM
St. Mark’s Lutheran Church (1573 E. 18th Ave) in East Vancouver
**Please note: due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, rehearsal locations and times may not always be accurate**
- Early bird (paid on or before Jun 30, 2023): $415.00*
- After July 1, 2023: $435.00*
- Membership fee: $40.00
- Administration fee: $30.00
- Fundraising commitment: $50.00 (more details in the form below)
- GST: $2.00
- Single payment by cheque, credit card, or e-transfer
- Monthly payment by post-dated cheques, due by Aug 15, 2023. Subject to a $4.00 monthly fee.
Concert black is required for all singers, and you provide it yourselves. This should include some combination of:
- Black tailored shirt or blouse
- Black skirt (to the knee at least) or dress pants
- Black tights (with skirt) or socks (with pants)
- Black dress shoes
- Any necessary hair clips/ties should match your hair
- Hair should be neat and off of your face
- Jewellery must be very subtle so as not to catch the light and distract
- Scarf (provided) or tie (provided)
No other colours or logos should be involved. Please also abstain from t-shirts and running shoes, bare legs and shoulders, exposed midriffs, and revealing neck lines.